Monday, April 18, 2011

why practice yoga? a section I love from Anusara Teacher Training Manual

I am teaching a class at Avenues Yoga tomorrow! 8:30-10:00am I am very excited I have been wanting to teach at this beautiful studio for so long but told myself when the time is right it will happen. And it did my good friend and teacher Jen Hech suggested me to take over her class and I am so grateful for this :). I was looking through the Anusara manual as I gather my ideas for the class and I was reading this and it made me smile so I thought I would share it.

"there are two central spiritual purposes of hatha yoga:
  1. Co-participating with God in making a spiritual art with the body.
  2. Realizing our divine nature through the temple of the body.
The main intention of class is derived from these purposes. For example:
  • Experiencing our innate goodness, joy, love, worthiness, or divine power through the poses.
  • Doing the poses as artistic expressions or celebrations of one's spirit.
  • Purifying the body/mind through hatha yoga in order to create a better vessel for god's love and grace.
  • Preparing the body to sit more easily for meditation.
  • Practicing hatha yoga just for the fun and enjoyment of it"
(Anusara Yoga Teacher Training Manual By John Friend pg60)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...