"there are two central spiritual purposes of hatha yoga:
- Co-participating with God in making a spiritual art with the body.
- Realizing our divine nature through the temple of the body.
- Experiencing our innate goodness, joy, love, worthiness, or divine power through the poses.
- Doing the poses as artistic expressions or celebrations of one's spirit.
- Purifying the body/mind through hatha yoga in order to create a better vessel for god's love and grace.
- Preparing the body to sit more easily for meditation.
- Practicing hatha yoga just for the fun and enjoyment of it"