Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Day In The Garden

Wow my body sure adapted to gardening, as in my psoas is super tight and my hamstrings are extremely over stretched as I dance around the garden either in a forward fold (uttanasana) or a squat (malasana). Looking for the good, a forward fold places the head below the heart which makes it an inversion. Inversions are said to have many benefits including a literal change of perspective and benefits the cardiovascular, lymphatic, endocrine and nervous systems. I have also heard argument's that inversions can help heal depression. Basically I am in an inversion for many hours of the day. It is hard to not get frustrated as my body gets tighter and I struggle doing poses that used to be so available to me. Although I have been feeling more confident and stable in my practice, wonder if its from spending so much time outside with the flowers.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...