Monday, October 1, 2012

Siva Sutra 1.2

I've been contemplating 1.2 sutra from The Siva Sutras:

 
1.2 jnanam bandhah
 
Knowing differentiatedly is bondage and not knowing undifferentiatedly is bondage.
 
Knowing is bondage and not knowing is bondage. "So knowing individual consciousness as one's own nature and not knowing universal consiousness as one's own nature, are both bondage".
 
Lots to digest on this one. Here are some qoutes I like on topic:
 
I am not bound to win,
I am bound to be true.
I am not bound to succeed
but I abound to lie up to the Light I have.
-Abraham Lincoln
 
 
Yoga is not a path of Freedom. Yoga is a path of exquisite Bondage. - Douglas Brooks




No comments:

Post a Comment

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...