Friday, November 22, 2013

Fragility + Beauty of Life

I have been so in love and happy enjoying the blessing of my son who was born a month ago. He really is my bundle of joy, reminding me of all the light and beauty that is in the world. Its so appropriate that thanksgiving is right around the corner because my heart feels like it is going to bust open with the amount of gratitude that it contains.

At the same time my heart is full of happiness it is also full of sorrow. A good friend of mine passed away this week. Life is so fragile and impermanent. It is so sad that a wonderful women in her twenties was taken from this world. Its not fair. Life is not fair.

Its weird to  experiencing two conflicting feeling of happiness and grief at the same time. Part of me wants to go skipping through the fall leafs with my newborn and the other part of me wants to cry under my comforter in the bed.

I know me getting depressed doesn't add love to this world or to my family. So I look for the good. I try to see this as a reminder to live every moment to the fullest. To share love, light and laughter with the people around me. To soak in the grace of my surroundings. To be there for others in time of pain and to not let depression, drugs, harmful relationships, and negative experiences spin me down to death.

Life is so beautiful and as sad and painful as impermanence is. That is one of the aspects of life that makes it so magical.

I have such an abundance of gratitude for all the many many blessing in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...