Monday, July 25, 2011

Happy Pioneer Day in Utah

We celebrated Pioneer Day, when the Mormon's settled in Utah, today. I wanted to integrate this into my class for tomorrow. On fourth of July I did a theme on fireworks so I thought this state celebration I thought I would focus on defintion of pioneer:

   

pi·o·neer
<><> <><>
noun /ˌpīəˈnir/ 
pioneers, plural



  1. A person who is among the first to explore or settle a new area. Tomorrow we will be exploring and opening the shoulders/heart and hips.
  2. A person who is among the first to research and develop a new area of knowledge or activity

    • - LETS PIONEER THE LANDSCAPES OF OUR HEART

verb /ˌpīəˈnir/ 
pioneered, past participle; pioneered, past tense; pioneering, present participle; pioneers, 3rd person singular present
  1. Develop or be the first to use or apply (a new method, area of knowledge, or activity)
    - USING ALIGNMENT PRINCIPLES WE WILL BE PIONEERING INTO A FEELING OF BLISS.
  2. Open up (a road or terrain) as a pioneer



I want the students to feel like they really explored and settled into there hearts and shoulders. We will be playing intelligently into some poses with one leg abducted and externally rotated. Poses like utthita padangusthasana B, supta padangusthasana B on your side padangusthasana B, vashistasna, galavasana prep work, leading to the peak pose of vashistasna (side plank) with leg extended. I want to focus bravely exploring and entering new territory in the hips and shoulders. I will be emphasising muscular energy, shoulder loop and ssome kull loop. I want the students to be pioners and experience what it is like to open the heart in by using your muscles to draw the shoulders blades toward the back of the heart. Pioneering is also about taking a different approach, so we will work on this approach of accessing or settling into the back of the heart so we can victoriously open the front of our hear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...