Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Poerty how I LOVE thee


I love using poems in my yoga class time to time.  In Anusara Yoga all classes have a theme, antidote, heart quality, and an alignment principle of emphasis. Brilliant poetry that speaks to my heart inspires me to weave all these elements together. I don’t use poems all the time, I think they can become over used and I try to use them sparingly so they stay extra delicious and not something that is expected.

Some of my favorite poetry books:

·         Your Other Names, by Tara Sophia Mohr

·         The Gift, Hafiz (I like the translation by Daniel Ladinsky)

·         The Essential Rumi, Rumi

·         The Prophet, Khalil Gibran

·         How We Became Human, Joy Hario

·         Why I Wake Early, Mary Oliver

·         The Leaf and the Cloud, Mary Oliver

·         Love Poems, Pablo Neruda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...