Sunday, June 23, 2013

Week 19


Month 5

Week 19
praciting yoga 19 weeks

putting together our first piece of nursery furniture!

belly shot
 

Baby is the size of?grapefruit
Babies development?
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! His brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that he may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to him, or singing a happy tune. By weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom. His arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of his body now. His kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on his scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on his skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid. (babycenter.com)

Gender? BOY!!

Sleep? Pretty good. I got a “boppy” prenatal body pillow which is freaking awesome and is making my sleep more comfortable.

Food Craving? Mexican food, pickles, and swiss cheese.

What I miss? Umm it’s hard to think of any at the moment. Probably not being hormonal, being able to work more and accomplish more without getting sick, and my yoga practice.

What I love? I have been feeling the baby move and that is soo so nice and reassuring.

Movement? Yes! This week I felt “pokes”. I am even able to put my hand on my stomach and feel the baby poke out into my hand. I got an ultra sound this week and was told the babies position was head down and feet going up to the left. I am not feeling anything where the feet are I am feeling the head so he must be jumping with his legs and his head is hitting my low belly. It brings the biggest smile to my face. He is most active after I eat and at night before I got to bed. I have to keep my hand on my belly for a while and then randomly I will feel a poke. Tyler has tried to feel the baby a few times but hasn’t felt him yet. CAN NOT WAIT FOR HIM TO FEEL HIS BABY.

Symptoms? I have still been experiencing nausea; I was probably sick 3-4x this week (which is more than normal). I even had a small fever for two days so I have really been trying to take it easy, or easier. My back has still been hurting less frequent now that I have been practicing yoga, heartburn, and my hormones have been a little all over the place. Bless Tyler’s heart for putting up with me sometimes.

Best moment of the week? Tyler and I have started putting together the nursery!!! We went to Ikea and picked out some furniture and started putting some of it together. It has been so fun to share this with Ty as we plan for the future. I have been standing in the nursery and imaging what life will be like in six months. It’s a surreal feeling.

Maternity Clothes? Definitely. I even purchased some maternity bras to contain myself.

Meditation? Yes I have been meditating 20 mins a day 2x a week. I have also been continuing to meditate before I go to bed “connecting to my baby” guided meditation from David Harshada Wagner.

Yoga? YES!!! I have been continuing to practice daily at my house 30-60 minutes a day. It has been a great way to connect tour baby, feel like I am doing something proactive and is helping relieve some of the aches and pains of pregnancy.

Exercise? Yoga 7x a week, weights for 10 mins 3x a week, walking the dogs or with friends and their babies 3x a week.

Appointments? I had my first prenatal massage this week and it was so terrific!! I will definitely be going back. I started researching child birthing classes and we have decided on Hypnobabies and I asked our Hypnobabies instructor to be our doula as well, classes start in August. Next week we have our 20 week anatomy scan, nervous but very excited to see our precious baby.

1 comment:

  1. YES!!! Performing yoga daily at home 30-60 minutes a day during pregnancy. It has been a great way to connect trip baby, feel like I am doing certain thing proactive and is helping ease some of the aches and pains of pregnancy.

    Regards,
    Regards,
    Pregnancy Massage Kelowna

    ReplyDelete

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...