Saturday, July 6, 2013

21 Weeks Pregnant


Month 6

Week 21
21 weeks 6 days. Date night.

21 weeks 3 days.

Set up waiting for fire works at fourth of July with my fur baby Dharma.

My man and our doggies getting ready for fireworks.

Nap time break at Uinta's.

Ty and I in Uinta's.
 

Baby is the size of? Carrot

Baby’s development? Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — about the size of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.

Gender? Boy!

Sleep? Good.

Food Cravings? Mexican food.

What I miss? Yoga practices. I have found myself wanting to do lots of stuff I cannot do while pregnant: water parks, roller coasters, paintballing, cliff jumping. I am so very happy to be pregnant, totally worth not being able to indulge my dear devil ways.

What I love? Feeling baby move.

Movement? Yes! Baby boy is moving more and more. Ty and I went up to the Uinta’s and while lying on a blanket Ty got to feel the baby move for the first time! Since then he says that at night while I am sleeping her puts his hand on my belly and feels the baby moving around. Makes me so happy he gets to enjoy this little bundle of joy.

Best moment of the week? Ty and I going to the Uinta’s was really nice. A little mini vacation with the dogs. We got out of the heat. Went on a great hike with the dogs, and I got to read while Ty fished. To top it off Tyler felt baby move for the first time. I also enjoyed watching fireworks on the 4th of July with Tyler and his Sister and her FiancĂ©.

Symptoms? Nausea, fatigue, back ache, food cravings, heart burn, and anxiety.

Meditation? Yes. I have been meditating every day. I think it is really helping me worry less. I have also started my home study birth course hypnobabies. For this course I listen to “joyful pregnancy affirmations” for 30 minutes a day. As well as listening to a 30 minute hypnosis tract. I have 12 tracks that I will be taken through over the next 6 weeks. I alternate between 2 for a week and then move on to the next two the following week. I have really loved listening to these CD tracks. I feel so very relaxed and connected to my baby.

Yoga? Just a little. After finding out I have low lying placenta I read that doctors often recommend no squatting. So I am waiting to check with my midwife about yoga practices and what poses I should stay away from. I am doing inversions (legs up wall, forearm balance, handstand and headstand) have all been feeling good.

Exercise? I used to do lots of walking outside, but now it's just too darn hot here in Utah. So instead I have been using the elliptical machine (which I love because it’s so low impact) and swimming (which I also love because it’s so low impact and I get to take weight off my body). I have been swimming probably 4x this week and it has been amazing!

Preparing? Nesting is slowly starting. I have been cleaning the house more and have started making lists of all the things I want to accomplish before baby comes. We are also throwing a baby shower/ open house.

Appointments? We have a midwife appointment on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...