Sunday, September 8, 2013

30 Weeks Pregnant


 

WEEK 30



 

Size of baby? Your belly’s increasing size is a definite clue that your baby is getting bigger every day, weighing in at over three pounds now (he’ll be packing on the weight at a rate of half a pound per week for the next seven weeks). Also growing daily is his brain, which is actually starting to look like the real thing with those characteristic grooves and wrinkles. And now that your little genius can regulate his own body temperature and turn up the heat, he'll start shedding lanugo, the downy body hair that's been keeping him warm up until now. (whattoexpect.com)

 

This week’s major developments? large cabbage

Gender? BOY

 

Sleep? I have to use the bathroom more frequently at night. I probably wake up 4x a night to go pee then it takes me a while to get comfortable enough to go back to sleep. Baby boy has also been moving around so much at night sometimes his movements wake me up, when this happens I wake up with a smile.  

 

Food Cravings? I have been sick the last half of this week so my cravings are spirit, soup and saltines.

 

What I miss? I feel like I have been pregnant for so long its hard to remember what life used to be like. I definitely miss not being discomfortable or having random muscles be ridiculously tight.  

 

What I am loving? Sharing this time with Tyler. I have really enjoyed spending time with my man lately. Going on walks, cuddling, talking, taking the birthing class, doing homework, cooking dinner… Just enjoying our one on one time together.

 

Movement? Yes so much. It looks like there is an earthquake happening in my belly with all the twisting and turning happening in there.

 

Symptoms? Heartburn. Uncomfortable, leg cramps, tight muscles, headaches, frequent trips to pee, exhaustion, back pain, emotional, headache…

 

Exercise? I did the elliptical and went swimming a few times in the beginning of the week and then got sick so have been trying to take it easy.

 

Yoga? Yes maybe 5x. Yoga is nice because I can modify it so much so even when I felt awful I could do a really simple series of seated hip openers and when I felt like I had more energy I was able to do a more intense standing series. I also have been focusing a lot on the baby’s position and adjusting my posture and doing yoga exercises to help baby move in or stay in most optimal position. For this I have been doing lots of cat/cow pelvic tilts, Malasana squat (with and without a block), baddha konasana, down dog, forearm balance, and handstand.

 

Meditation? Yes daily.

 

Appointments? We had a midwife appointment that went well. Now we are meeting every 2 weeks which is exciting and makes me feel like we are on the home stretch of meeting our baby. Baby is head down and facing the side. I also saw a chiropractor and got to see how out of alignment this pregnancy has affected my spine. After my adjustment I experienced a lot of pain in my shoulder that went away a few days later. Weird how the body comes back into balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...