Monday, October 21, 2013

35 Weeks Pregnant

35 Weeks!

Baby Size? Honeydew Melon

Baby development? Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (about the size of a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight. (babycenter.com)

Gender? Boy!
Sleep? Horrible. I am up every hour checking on bleeding and worrying myself sick.
Food Cravings? any kind of sandwich.
What I miss? I miss my water birth plan at the birth center.
What I love? That I get to meet my sweet baby boy so soon!
Movement? yes
 
Highlight of week? I had 2 baby showers this week. One on Saturday that some girlfriends of mine did and one from my mother and law. They were so fun. My girlfriends had a fall theme with the most delicious sandwiches, salad, pumpkin pie, pumpkin chia, home made whipped creme and so much more. We played a guess who this pregnant celebrity is, and I am embarrassed to say I won. It was so fun to catch up with ladies that I love so much but don't get to see enough of. My mother and law had a "she is about to pop theme" with salad poppy seed salad dressing, poppy seed sandwich, pop corn, pop sodas with pop suckers, rice crispy treats, cake pops... it was so well thought out. I got to see a lot of women from her side of the family that I don't see enough and it was so fun talking about this baby boy. We played a prediction game where all the guest wrote down when I would deliver, how much baby would weigh, hair color, eye color, skin color... and she is going to mail them to me after the baby comes! A really really fun weekend of baby celebrations.
Symptoms? ANXIETY!!! Bleeding, contractions, and heartburn.

Exercise? nope on bed rest. 
 
Delivery? Oh how my plans have changed from that peaceful drug free birth center birth I was imagining for months. After so many episodes of bleeding the doctors and midwifes decided that it is safest for the baby for him to be delivered via c-section on TUESDAY (which is tomorrow) and we found this out today! I am nervous for the surgery but so excited to see and hold our baby boy and I am so so so excited to see my husband Tyler hold our baby boy. The c-section is in about 18 hours. Let the count down begin.
 
To my son,
I love you so much. Growing you has been a highlight of my life and one I will never forget. I can not wait to hold you close to me. I can not wait to get to know who you are and learn from you! I promise to love you for always. I have loved you for 9 months and I cant wait to feel this love I have for you, which is already so big, explode into even more love tomorrow when I meet you, my little man.
Your Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...