Monday, October 14, 2013

Week 34 Again


Week 35 Week 34...Again


Update: At our first appointment with our new hospital midwife (after being transferred from the birth center) we were told that our estimated due date is actually November 18, not November 10th like we were previously told. The reason the switched our due date was because the first ultra sound we got gave the due date of the 18th and later an ultra sound gave us the due date the 10th. The 10th dates lined up so well that the birth center thought it was more appropriate to go with that date. However at the hospital it is “standard protocol” to go off of the first ultra sound because it is most accurate.

This was hard for me to hear. Yes it is just a number and baby boy will come when he is ready…. But this number is one I have been counting down from for the past 240 something days. On the bright side if do go past my due date having a later estimated due date will help by me time before they push induction on me. Super good news the midwife took me off of bed rest and put me on “modified daily activities”. I still cannot teach, hike, or do anything vigorous. But I can lightly clean, gently stretch, and go for short walks. This has been terrific!
34 weeks 6 days
 

Baby Size? Butternut Squash

Baby development? Watch what you say! Your curious baby is listening in to your conversations at 34 weeks -- and might enjoy a lullaby or two -- so go ahead and sing to him. Some say that baby will recognize songs mom sings while he’s in the womb, and may even be more easily soothed by them if he’s used to them once he’s on the “outside.” At week 34, you might breathe a little easier, since baby may descend lower into your pelvis and give your lungs some space. (Ahh!) Of course, some babies don’t do this until the day they’re born, so we’re not making any guarantees. The pitfall of this descent, of course, is even more pressure on your bladder, so be prepared to make even more trips to the ladies room over the coming weeks. (thebump.com)

Gender? BOY


Sleep? I am getting insomnia. I used to go to bed around 10-11 and now I am up until 1am!

 
Food Cravings? Butternut squash soup, pumpkin pie (this could be that the leaves have changed color and its feeling like fall).

 
What I miss? I miss teaching my yoga classes and seeing my yoga students so so much. Not being able to do it reaffirms for me how important it is to me, and how much it lights up my being. I find myself day dreaming about teaching or scheming on how I can get away with teaching one class or one workshop before the baby comes. I also miss taking the dogs on hikes. I love being in the mountain’s during this time of year and taking in the fresh air and beautiful colors.

 
What I love? I love that I am allowed to move now! It was so hard staying in bed and I was getting so sore from laying on one side or the other. I have been doing some much needed stretches (what a previous post about my gentle prenatal sequence) to help undo the bed rest soreness and fatigue. I have also been loving going on short walks with the dogs and I breathing the air and walking through falling yellow leaves.

 
Maternity Photos. Yesterday my good friend Alyshea owner of Alyography Photography came to do maternity pictures for Tyler and I. Our plan was to go to memory groove but it was raining so we stayed at the house. They turned out so good. I think the pictures capture the love Ty and I have for each other and this baby boy in my belly. (Maternity photos below)

   
Movement? So much.

 
Symptoms? Insomnia, congestion, frequent need to pee, heart burn, sore feet, sciatic pain, tired, and anxiety.

 
Exercise? GENTLE: stretching and walking.  


Meditation? Yes it has been especially helpful with the changes in the birth plan and the pregnancy complications to help me calm and help me keep my positive birth experience while letting me go with the flow a little more gracefully.  


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...