Theme: The five acts of Shiva/ Grace. Focusing on Dissolution.
Anecdote: we are in the transition between fall and winter. The bright orange, red and yellow leaves are falling. The vital vegetation is turning brown, dry and cold. This is a process of dissolution which is part of the five acts of Shiva/ Grace. The five acts are: Revelation, Creation, Sustenance, Dissolution, and Concealment. By knowing how Grace acts we can align with her. So instead of avoiding dissolution or concealment (which is common in the parochial system) we can embrace these parts of life, knowing they are part of the cycle of Grace. We experience Graces pulsation through these 5 acts in our breath, through the start and end of our day, through our interactions, over long periods of time and short periods of time. These five acts of pulsation vibrate through every aspect of our life!
In the midsts of this transition to winter I am reminded of dissolution. The importance to let go, get settled with in myself and prepare to rest (concealment). Another aspect of nature that I have been observing dissolution is the cycle of the moon. She is currently last silver crescent, the final stage of waning (dissolution) before going dark (concealment) to when she will begin again with the new moon (revelation). *Sigh* These cycles are so beautiful to me and when I observe them happening around me and inside of me I feel so CONNECTED and in alignment with Grace, which is our main intention in Anusara Yoga.
UPA emphasis: inner spiral (turning within, and expanding to let go of what we don't need like tension in the hips)
Heart Quality: stillness, silence, quite!
Props: 2 blocks, blanket, bolster
- Surya namaskar 3x In cobra pose: lift one leg hug to the midline, from the outer foot up through the outer ankle, shin and hip turn in, back and wide (inner spiral) then extend foot out from hip and place back on floor. Repeat on other side. Then curl cobra.
- Prasarita padottanasana with twist
- Lunge to standing quad stretch to lunge
- Parsvottanasana to Urdhva prasarita eka padasana to handstand hops
- Handstand partner press up into handstand by holding the top leg powerfully to the midline pressing into the resistance provided by partners hand
- Parsvakonasana to high runners lunge with twist add quad stretch
- Tree to standing hip stretch to Virabhadrasana 1
- Parivrtta Parsvakonasana
- Parivrtta Trikonasana
- Brigid’s Cross
- Anjaneyasana with thigh stretch
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
- Eka Pada Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
- Virasana/Supta Virasana
- Triangmukhaipada pascimottanasana/Krounchasana
- Janu Sirsasana