Friday, November 6, 2009

Authentic Self Yoga

It's official Authentic Self Yoga is a Legal Liability Company.

The reason I choose the name Authentic Self Yoga is because yoga offers tools. The practice of asana (posture), meditation, and pranayama (breathing techniques) are all tools used to dive within yourself in order to help you experience the truth of who you are. It does this by helping you shred tension, stress, attachments, mental constructs, ignorance, and the ego in order to reconnect with your true self. that Self which you have always and will always be, but have forgotten in the mess and confusion of life in this modern world.

Its like having a smudged foggy mirror with in your soul. The dirtiness of the mirror inhibits the soul's reflection. Through these different tools that the science of yoga offers, you can clean the mirror so it can fully capture the essence of the should and radiate it outward. Totally honest, totally beautiful, totally you. When you connect to your authentic self. life is easier. You are no longer trying to uphold and live up to other peoples expectations. Because you know who you are, you know that it is your truth, and as long as you live authentically to your self in a way that does not hurt the world or others, than that is wonderful.

In yoga you never stop evolving. You never reach a point where you know all the poses, you discovered who you are and that is that. No ever day, every asana brings new light and awareness into you life. I haven't been practicing yoga for very long and it has touched every aspect of my life for the better. My mirror isn't completely clean yet every day when I roll out my mat I dust of a little more and i can feel my inner essence shining out. i cant wait to see where the evolution of myself through the help of yoga takes me in 5 years, 10 years, 50 years.

I enjoy this mystery and magic of yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...