Thursday, June 3, 2010

Reiki


I haven’t mentioned this a lot in my blog because it is new to me and I am still trying to experience it. I have however, been studying reiki for quite some time. “Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing.” It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" (prana) flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then they are more likely to get sick or feel stress. If ones “life force energy” is high, they are more happy, healthy and vibrant. Reiki is the laying on of hands and it is using your hands to move, enhance and cleanse the energy in your body bringing health, peace, and vitality.

About 6 months ago I got my first attunement. The first attunement means I was attuned to the prana or ki (life force energy). This attunement gave me the ability to channel the life force energy to use for self healing. I planned on doing my second attunement shortly after my first, I even scheduled an appointment with my friend, but it didn’t feel right at the time. That is one thing I love about reiki. I feel like my intuition has gotten deeper and more connect to my authentic truth. Right before I left to go camping on Tuesday, situations and grace alignment and my beautiful friend Allison, gave me my second attunement!

The second attunement was really cool! Not only can I heal myself but I can do treatments on other, and I also learned symbols to make the energy and healing more powerful! Reiki attunements open and expand the prana-holding capacity or the energetic body and clear any energy blockages. The attunement opened a channel for the Reiki energy to flow from me to a client. The more I practice using Reiki the clearer and stronger the flow becomes.

After getting my first attunement I have been doing treatments to myself, but only when I felt I needed it. Over one month ago I started doing daily treatments. It is really cool to see myself grow as a reiki practitioner. My intuition is getting more sensitive, I am learning to feel where my hands should be and how long my hands should be over certain parts of my body. When I was camping I did lots of self treatments, it was wonderful I would leave the camp and hike to a rock and sit down mediate and hen perform a reiki session. I felt so vibrant the whole trip. Sometimes I imagine my body as a cub that contains life forces energy, which is like water. Sometimes, especially when I was distracted I felt like my cup was empty (even though I know it never is) however after doing reiki I felt so full of energy, of prana, as if the water (prana) was overflowing my cup (body). This is such a great feeling! Sometime it would make my eyes water, and I would think, this is me at my essence! This is how I should always feel!

I also did a few treatments on my friends. I mainly practiced on my fabulous friend Steph and I thank her so much for sharing her wonderful, phenomenal, beautiful energy with me. Performing a reiki treatment demands presence. You have to be present in order to experiencing what is happening. You have to be open to the moment, allowing the energy to flow and be sensitive so you know when to move and when to stay from position to position. I felt my hands warm, and my clients would comment on my warm hands (it’s funny because my first reiki treatments I always thought that my teacher’s hands were also warm). At my hands I felt powerful energy either sucking or pushing energy in and out, but instead of this energy just coming from my hands I felt the energy coming from behind my shoulder, as if the energy was being drawn from the sushumna (the central energy channel that runs up and down the spine) behind by heart.

My life is a wonderful journey. I feel so lucky for all the opportunity and pains that have happened in my life because it has brought me here. I can’t wait to see where my journey leads me, and I am so happy to share my experiences here on this blog. Thanks for reading.

(PS. If you happen to be in Utah I am providing reiki for trade or pay what you can, I would love the opportunity to share this with others, please contact me kachelis@hotmail.com)

Resources
http://www.reiki.org/faq/whatisreiki.html
http://healing.about.com/od/reiki/a/reiki_two.htm
skepticalteacher.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...