Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Your BEAUTIFUL! + annoucing eating disorder yoga group series coming soon

You are more BEAUTIFUL then you believe.
Since I was young I struggled with body image issues which manifested as an eating disorder when I was in my teens. After working with therapists, reading self help books, practicing mediation and affirmations I now feel good in my skin. Although I still don't think I see how beautiful I really am. I have learned that I cant trust my own brain when it comes it my beauty or my weight. Instead I trust my husband or doctor.

When I saw this video I was blown away.

I want to spread this message. I want every girl and women to see this video and to realize that we don't see our self as the beautiful light of Grace that we are. I want to be involved with a conversation across our nation and around the world about how we can make changes so we can see our self through the eyes of a friend or a lover instead of an enemy. Our standards for beauty are absurd! lets change this!

I am super excited to announce that I am going to be teaming up with a brilliant therapist MD in the coming months and we are going to be offering a yoga/processing group that will meet for 2 hours once a week for 6-8 weeks for people with eating disorders. More details coming soon! If you or someone you know would benefit from this please contact me for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...