Monday, June 10, 2013

Week 17

Month 5! Week 17

Baby is the size of? Turnip
This week’s major developments?
Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop..(babycenter.com)
Gender?
BOY!!
Sleep? OK I can no longer sleep on my back so I use all these pillows o keep me on my side. It is a little uncomfortable but totally worth it.
Food cravings? Mexican food, quesadillas and bean and cheese burritos specifically.  
What I miss? Being comfortable.

What I love? I have slowly been getting my energy back and have been attacking the jungle in the back yard and it’s starting to look more and more like a jungle and less like a mess of overgrown weeds.
Movement? For the past few weeks there has been a few times where I thought I could be feeling baby move but I’m not sure. I cannot wait to be sure what I am feeling is baby.
Symptoms? Congestion, heartburn, exhaustion, back pain
Best moment of the week? There have been a few. We have been starting to plan our shower which is really exciting + we started registering for the shower. So far we have registered an amazing, which has everything. We are also going to Target and register. We also went to the Zoo which was really fun. Tyler loves the zoo. When we starting talking about having kids he was most excited about t how often we will be able to go to the zoo with our kids. It was fun.  

 Maternity Clothes? Yes.
Meditation? I have been continuing to meditate a lot. 20 minutes in the morning and at night every day and normally once a day I sit can do japa meditation using a mantra and my mala beads. Meditating has given me a lot of clarity and a connection to something bigger and a feeling like whatever happens with this pregnancy it’s going to be okay. Which is huge for me.
Reading? I am starting to read my meditation teacher, Clinton Brock’s new book Born to Love.

Yoga? Exercise? My main exercise has been gardening, dog walking, some weight lifting, and light stretching. My back has been really hurting me. I have scheduled some massages but they keep getting canceled. I know if I wasn’t pregnant I could do a 90 minute yoga practice of deep bound twists and side openers and my back would be feeling delicious but since I am no supposed to be doing twist at all or big side openers I will have to play around and find something that works.  
Appointments? I have a midwife appointment on Tuesday and an ultra sound on June 24th.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...