Monday, June 3, 2013

Week 16


Month 4

Week 16. This week I was in Playa De Carmen, Mexico with my husband, mom, sister and sister’s boyfriend.




Baby is the size of? Avocado
This week’s major developments?
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now,
he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop. (babycenter.com)
Gender?
BOY!!
Sleep? I slept very well this week. I was so exhausted by the end of the night I was out.
Food cravings? I don’t think this has much to do with pregnancy. But since we were in Mexico I was wanting to eat Mexican food all the time however we were staying at an all-inclusive with different resturant with Japanese, Italian, and American but no Mexican food.
What I miss? Being comfortable. Traveling in the airplane and buses was incredibly uncomfortable.
What I love? It was so nice being in a beautiful place by the ocean with my family and day dream about the future. There were lots of little kids and babies at our resort so it was fun to watch them.  We also had monkeys right outside our door which I LOVED!
Movement? I have felt a few twinges but like last week I don’t know if it is movement or a muscle spasm. I cannot wait to be sure what I am feeling is baby.
Symptoms? Congestion, heartburn, exhaustion, back pain
Best moment of the week? There were so many. I really loved being able to spend so much time with Tyler. He has been working a lot so we haven’t been able to spend much time together. It was really nice that he got some rest and we got to have so many adventures together.
Exercise? I did lots of walking and I also swam laps at the pool almost every day.
Maternity Clothes? Yes. I think 90% of what I wore this week was maternity clothes. It was nice to feel so comfortable in my clothes.
Meditation? I have been meditating a lot .At least 20 minutes in the morning and at night. I have also been doing japa meditation which is the repetition of a mantra throughout the day when my mind is wandering and not being productive. Or when I wanted to connect with something bigger.
Reading? I re read Ram Dass’s book Be Love Now.  I love re reading books like this. It was great and I also listened to some of his podcasts online. He is a very inspiring teacher to me. I think I will write a blog about some things that stood out to me from his book.
Appointments? I have a midwife appointment next Tuesday and an ultra sound on June 24th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...