Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fiji Day 2 (2 encounters while in the town of Nadi)

Encounter 1: As I was walking around an old Hindi lady motioned me to come over to her as I approached she stood up and tuned me around. She took her finger and started running it over my Sanskrit tattoo on my back. She started to sound out the words “LOKAH SAMASTA SUKHINO BHAVANTU”(May all beings everywhere be happy and free and may the thoughts, words and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to that freedom for all.) is across the top of my back and the om is in the middle). She repeated it multiple times running her finger over the top line and the pocking me on my Om. She did this a few of her friends gathered around me. They were laughing and very happy. The lady then looked down and saw the Buddha tattoo on my shin and started saying “Buddha, Buddha!” It was great.

Encounter 2: I also had a nice connection with a man when I walked by a tourist store with many painting, and I pointed to a small one off in a corner and asked “Is that Hanuman?” The man’s eyes lit up and said yes. We then started to talk about the picture which depicts hanuman leaping over the ocean while carrying a mountain for Ram. We are going to go to this Hindu temple in a few days I am very excited.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...