Monday, July 29, 2013

24 Weeks Pregnant


Month 6

Week 24

Tyler told he was jealous because I am never alone, baby boy is always with me. Definitely of my favorite things about being pregnant.

24 weeks 2 days pregnant + construction work on the house.
Baby is the size of? Ear of corn

Baby’s development? Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at about 1 1/3 pounds. Since he's almost a foot long (about the size of an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon. (babycenter.com)

Gender? Still a boy!

Food cravings? Mexican, pizza, ice cream and pretzel m and m’s.

What I miss? Being able to work more.

What I love? Feeling baby move + thinking about the future.

Movement? Yes!! Love it. Now you can see the baby moving it’s a little creepy. It looks like there is an alien in my belly doing the Macarena.

Best moments of the week?

·         One night Tyler and I were lying in bed talking and he had his hand on my belly and was feeling the baby move and then we listened to one of my Hypnobabies meditation. I felt really really happy in that moment. It felt like we were hanging out as a family.

·         Tyler has also been doing lots of house work which makes me so happy. We have the longest to do list, and I can’t do much of it either because I am pregnant or unskilled. Tyler re did all our baseboards in our front rooms and painted the baseboards and the trim. He also got the swamp cooler going with the help of his AMAZING aunt and her boyfriend. It is very hot here in Utah and I have been hanging out in the basement with the fans trying to get some relief from the heat so it’s terrific to have cool air in the house.

·         We had an ultra sound to check my placenta and it is moving up which is very good news. It still needs to move up .8 cm’s in order for me to give birth at the birth center but I still have a good amount of time for that to happen. I trust that my body knows what to do to have this baby naturally without medical intervention.  
 



Symptoms? Back pain, heart burn, light headed, tired, baby movement, and insomnia.

Exercise? I have been either swimming, walking, practicing yoga or walking every day this week for at least 30 minutes.

Mediation? Yes. It has been helping me stay calm and connect with my body and my baby.

Appointments? We have a midwife appointment next week.

Upcoming events? August is a busy month for us. It’s our 4 year wedding anniversary, we have 3 weddings we are going to and we are throwing a baby shower/ open house.

2 comments:

  1. Such an awesome post!! Congratulations on the pregnancy I am so happy for you! Excited to see and read about all the awesome baby things to come. Your post is very informative. Thanks
    Surrogacy in India

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you so much Dr ogbidi for your herbal product,I bought this herbal supplement after 5 years of trying to conceive surprisingly i got pregnant after using it for just 1 month and 3 weeks.I do believe that your unique Herbal supplement are nothing short of revolutionary as it helped us to have our baby boy, Your herbal product gave me a whole different perspective on infertility even for a bitter skeptic woman who have be trying to conceive for 5 years with your product she still conceive naturally. Thank you, Dr Ogbidi for your help and guide through out the process,for more info or help contact via: via:ogbidihomeofsolution1@gmail.com whatsaap +2348052523829

    ReplyDelete

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...