Tuesday, August 13, 2013

25 & 26 Weeks Pregnant


25 and 26 Weeks Pregnant
25 weeks belly

There I am in the back breaking out my sick dance moves at the wedding.

Headstand play at 26 weeks 5 days pregnant.

The belly shot that so many people have been asking for 26 weeks 3 days.

Clothes I got from a friend! + baby shower gifts

A yoga client of mine crocheted this fabulous monkey blanket and blanket along with matching booties and monkey hat (not pictured).
 

Baby is size of?
25 weeks= rutabaga avg 1.5 pounds

26 weeks= scallion avg 1.75 pounds and 14 inches

Baby development?
Week 25= Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — 1 1/2 pounds — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture. (babycenter.com)

Week 26= the network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about 1 2/3 pounds and measures 14 inches (about the size of a scallion) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days. (babycenter.com)

Food I am craving? Mexican food, ice cream.

What I miss? Absence of back pain.

What I love? Feeling the baby move. Baby boy is moving so much now it is so exciting to just sit with him and think about the future.

Movement? So much!

Best moments of the week?

·         My good friend Isabel got married in Deer Valley and we got a room up there for 2 nights. I got to see a lot of old high school friends that I haven’t seen in years + there was lots of excitement over my belly bump. I also had a great time with Tyler at the wedding. We got to be reminded of the vows we took and had some shared some pretty awesome dances.

·         It was our 4 year anniversary the day before Isabel got married and we went out to dinner and talked about our past, present and future.

·         We have been planning our baby shower and have started receiving gifts and have continued to put the nursery together which is so exciting. I will sit in the rocking chair in the nursery and think about how crazy it is that in 3 months I’ll be rocking my baby boy.

·         Tyler has also been killing it in house work. He has re done our baseboards, done electricity work, we are also having someone come in and redo our kitchen floor and a bathroom. It feels so nice for my long to do list to start getting checked off.
Tyler and I also went to a free movie under the stars which was a really fun outing.
 
 

Symptoms? Awful back pain, heart burn, uncomfortable, pregnancy brain and losing my graceful coordination.

Exercise? Yes I have been getting at least 30 minutes of cardio (hiking, elliptical or swimming) 5x a week and have been doing prenatal strength exercises for about 10 minutes 5x a week. I have been doing 30 mins of yoga 2-3x a week.

Meditation? Yes every day for at least 30 minutes. I aim for 2x 30 minutes but I don’t always get 2. After my midday meditation I have been taking a nap which has been very peaceful.

Appointments? We had a midwife appointment last week which went great. I had my glucose test checking for gestational diabetes which I passed! Baby was measuring one week a head which made me happy for a while he was measuring one week behind. My midwife also recommended I get weekly massage appointments to help with my back pain. I have another midwife appointment in 3 weeks and after that I will see her every 2 weeks and I have another ultrasound to check on placenta placement in 4 weeks.

Upcoming events? We have 2 wedding this weekend, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. Tyler starts school full time at Salt Lake Community College in the Welding program on Wednesday and we are having our baby shower/ open house the following Sunday. This busy month is making time feel like it is moving faster which is nice because it felt like time was moving so slow for a while.

The end of the 26th week pregnant marks the beginning of the third trimester!!! less then 100 days til we meet our gorgeous boy.

1 comment:

  1. I thank you so much Dr ogbidi for your herbal product,I bought this herbal supplement after 5 years of trying to conceive surprisingly i got pregnant after using it for just 1 month and 3 weeks.I do believe that your unique Herbal supplement are nothing short of revolutionary as it helped us to have our baby boy, Your herbal product gave me a whole different perspective on infertility even for a bitter skeptic woman who have be trying to conceive for 5 years with your product she still conceive naturally. Thank you, Dr Ogbidi for your help and guide through out the process,for more info or help contact via: via:ogbidihomeofsolution1@gmail.com whatsaap +2348052523829

    ReplyDelete

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...