Tuesday, August 27, 2013

28 Weeks Pregnant

Month 7 ~ Week 28 ~ Third Trimester


I didn't get ANY shots of me this week. My friend did take pictures at the baby shower so I will post some of those soon.

Baby is the size of? Eggplant
Baby’s development? By this week, your baby weighs 2 1/4 pounds (about the size of a large eggplant) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world. (babycenter.com)
Gender? Still a boy!
Food cravings? Yellow Mustard.
What I miss? mmm life certainly is different but I am currently feeling so grateful for the experience of growing this little boy inside me. I cant think of anything I would rather be doing.
What I love? Feeling baby move + the baby shower!
Movement? Yes!!
Highlights of the week?
  • BABY SHOWER! Our baby shower was on Sunday! It took a lot of work getting the house clean and hosting 60 people but it was so fun. So much excitement and joy at the party. So much fun and good memories made. It was so good to see so many good friends and family. Not to mention baby boy got spoiled with gifts. We ran out of time and weren't able to open the gifts, I was having to much fun mingling so we took pictures of us ooowwwing and ahhhing at all the gifts we are so grateful for and I will be posting a blog post soon so guest can check out what we got.
  • An hour before the baby shower I tried to take a nap and Tyler surprised me and came down and snuggled with me. It was really special. At night after the shower and opening the gifts we also just layed in bed together and talked about the future and the love we have for our growing family. It was a wonderful day I will never forget.
  • We took our first childbirth class on Saturday. We are taking a Hypnobabies class. One of the reasons I am so grateful about this method of birthing class is how excited I am for my birthing time and the birth of my baby. I talk to friends who are pregnant doing a different childbirth class and with a different plan and many of them are terrified for the birth and want to be pumped with drugs. Each of us is different and we all get to choose the experience we want and I might change my mind at some point but right now I am so excited for the experience me and Tyler will have welcoming our baby into the world. It was really nice to share the childbirth class experience with Tyler.
 
Symptoms? Swollen hands and feet, heart burn, cramps in calf's, tight muscles (back, outer hips, calf's) tired, emotional, getting a little short of breath (my OM chant is getting shorter and shorter and it is impossible to blow up a balloon).
Exercise? I practice yoga 5x this week for 30-60 minutes. It has felt so good. I have noticed I have to more adjustments these days, for example really wide feet in uttansana and tadasana. I also did the elliptical 3x a week for 30 mins and made it to the pool for laps 1x. It does feel good to more my body. Current favorite movement to do is bend my knees place my hands on my hips and do big hip circles. I look like a food but it feels so good in my hips and low back.
Mediation? Yes. It has been helping me stay calm and connect with my body and my baby.
Appointments? I had a ultra sound yesterday and y placenta is still low and I will need another ultra sound in 6 weeks to check on the placement. Fingers crossed it moves up and I can have the natural vaginal birth at the birth center like I want and not get transferred to the hospital. However what is more important then what I planed is having a healthy baby. I have a midwife appointment on Thursday now I will be seeing the midwife every three weeks instead of every four weeks. very exciting!
Upcoming events? We just completed the month of events! I feel like I can relax more. We do have child prep (hypnobabies) classes for the next 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...