Sunday, August 18, 2013

27 weeks

Week 27 ~ 7th Month ~ Third Trimester
27 weeks

Baby is the size of? Cauliflower
Baby’s development? This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (about the size of a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle. (babycenter.com)
Gender? Still a boy!
Food cravings? Mexican food.
What I miss? Energy.
What I love? Feeling baby move + nesting. 
Movement? Yes!!
Highlights of the week?
  • My sister was in town for the week and it was really nice getting to see her.
  • We have been crossing off a lot on the to do list for the baby shower. Tyler got the crib (still needs to be set up), got blinds (still need to be installed), I did lots of gardening, cleaned the house.
  • I started sewing! My nesting has turned to me needing to be able to sew awesome burp cloths, bibs and blankets. So far I have busted out 12 burp cloths! So fun!! Its nice to feel like I am preparing for baby while sitting down.
  • Went to a family members baby shower. I love being around baby excitement.
  • Went to a good friends wedding.


burp cloths

 Symptoms? Third trimester symptoms are somewhat kicking my bum. Huge heart burn, leg cramps at night, horrible back pain. Huge baby movements :) excitement as we get closer to meeting this boy.
Exercise? Elliptical, swimming, weights, and yoga. I go through phases with yoga. Some weeks it doesn't feel as good and my yoga practice is me sitting down and stretching or doing some gentle down dogs to relieve back pain. This past week yoga has felt really good. It has been nice to do a more then stretching. I have come up with a really juicy hip opening series.
Mediation? Yes. It has been helping me stay calm and connect with my body and my baby.
Appointments? We have a midwife appointment next week.
Upcoming events? Our baby shower is Sunday! Ahhh nervous  + excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...