Saturday, July 9, 2011

Transplanting

I am really enjoying my job. I get to be outside in the garden where I care for and am grounded by the earth.

The other morning I was reading out of my Language of Letting Go book by Melody Beattie and I found a passage I really enjoyed and wanted to share:
"One day, my mother and I were working together in the garden. We were transplanting some plants for the third time. Grown from seed in a small container, the plants had been transferred to a larger container; then transplanted into the garden. Now, because I was moving, we were transplanting them again.
Inexperienced as a gardener, I turned to my green-thumbed mother. “Isn’t this bad for them?” I asked, as we dug them up and shook the dirt from their roots. “Won’t it hurt these plants, being uprooted and transplanted so many times?”
“Oh, no,” my mother replied. “Transplanting doesn’t hurt them. In fact, it’s good for the ones that survive. That’s how their roots grow strong. Their roots will grow deep, and they’ll make strong plants.”


 
I love this. I often think that big changes in my life make me weaker. If I am not aware my attitude can shift into a place of defence "I need to have my gard up". That attitude does not bring me much job instead it constricts me. However Beattie reminds me that changes are OPPURTINITIES to make us stronge. This feeliong makes me expand. 

Change is the only constant = we constintly have oppurtiniteis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...