Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Take Care of Yourself Like a Nice Car

 Lately my 2006 Subaru outback has been having some problems and it hit me. If you asked someone if they get maintenance on their car, most likely they will respond with a "heck yes" and even an eye roll. Everyone know how important it is to get your car worked on so that it stays running smoothly. Unfortunately people don't hold this same view for themselves and their body. If we are to compare the body to the car, we only get one body and we want it to run smooth and be happy for a long time so we need to get regular work on ourself so things dont burn out, over heat, mutate. A good way to work on ourself I have found is through the practice of yoga, meditaiton, massage, chiropractor, acupuncture...

I took my 2006 Subaru Outback into the dealership today and just got the call for the estimate $3,000. Gasp. I hate to admit it but truthfully I have been slacking on the maintenance for my car. I am lucky it is my car and I can pay some money to get it fixed, or worse case I would sell it. That is not the same situation with our body, we cant get a new one.

(me sweet car)
It makes me happy when I pause and remember how awesome life is and that I should take good care of myself and treat with LOVE.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you compare our bodies to a new car. Yes, we only have one, irreplaceable body. Well, I hope your car gets fixed soon.

    -Tari Ledsome

    ReplyDelete

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...