Monday, December 6, 2010

mantra

Mantra has always touched my heart and has always been a regular staple in my meditation practice. However lately I find myself practicing more and more, even when I am not practicing I can almost hear a quite back drop of my mantra going with in me. I also have found myself suggesting to some of my friends who are working through some stuff to find a mantra or affirmation they connect with to use as a tool. Since mantra has been on my mind I was happily surprised to open my yoga journal and find so much of the issue on mantra and kirtan.

Jia Uttal says “Externally, we’re just singing repetitive songs with simple melodies and a few Sanskrit words. We try to put our analytical minds to the side and sing from the heart. We try to channel whatever emotion we’re feeling into the song. Then the magic happens: Walls constructed long ago come crumbling down. Wounds that we never knew were there beginning to heal. Long-submerged emotions come to the surface. As we sing, we immerse ourselves in an endless river of prayer that has been flowing since the birth of the first human beings. And somehow effortlessly, we move into a meditative state that creates a safe haven for the flower of the heart to unfold. (18YJ Dec2010)” HOW LOVELY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intention and Testimonials

Testimonials & My Intention

My Intention It is my intention as a yoga teacher to help you bring more health and vibrancy to your body, ease and alertness to your mind...